How is this possible? With innovative and smart turning out civil engineers. Are you thinking of putting yourself in the shoes of Civil Engineer? Or are you confused yet willing?
If your thoughts are running in all the corners then how about some help in the same?
1. Do you find yourself technical?
Have a knack for the right calculation? If yes, then your constructed things would surely show up well.
3. Communication (oral and written)
This is a crucial need for any successful civil engineering project.
It becomes the responsibility of a civil engineer to get things accomplished well!
6. Problem Solving
With a bird’s eye view, we need to bring in better perspective of things and then solve the situations helping the needed project.
Do you think you could take up this role good?
7. Decision Making
This would concern topics like safety, well planning, budget, professional ethics, clarity and more beyond everything!
Would you take the call to make decisions that way?
If the above pointers give you a Yay, then it’s time to discover more about it:
How do I get through?
- Pass 10th and 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized central/ state board.
- Keep Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as compulsory subjects.
- Appear for JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MHCET, KCET, SRMJEE etc., for BE/BTech.
- Appear in the GATE score merit list for post-graduation.
Once I am in, what would I do?
- Managing and directing staff at the project site.
- Performing engineering duties; plan, designing and overseeing the construction and maintenance of structures.
- Researching and analyzing maps, blueprints, photos, charts, and other data to plan projects.
- Gathering information to prepare and present reports on project topics.
How much will I Earn? (Average PayScale)
- Less than 1-year experience (Fresher): ₹2,43,640
- 1-4 years of experience(Early Career Professional): ₹2,92,609
- 5-9 years of experience (Mid-career): ₹4,66,787
- 10-19 years of experience (Experienced): ₹6,24,681
- 20 years and higher (Late-career): ₹8,85,841
Please repeat the skills that I should have!
- Leadership Skills: lead your team for the best designs and executing them flawlessly.
- Negotiating Skills: to make your construction economical.
- Attention to Details: for the best infrastructural output
- Good Time Management : to complete your project on time and work on its improvement
- Problem Solving: to solve the mathematical problem in the designing and social problem in executing.
- The ability to Visualize: to create the best creative construction possible.
- Good team players: to bring out harmony and efficiency in work.
- Passion for Learning: to enrich the designs and plans to another measure.
Where can I apply for jobs?
- Hindustan Construction Company
- L & T
- Tata Projects
- Gammon India
- Sobha Developers Ltd.
- Shapoorji Pallonji & Company
Central and State Sectors
- Coal India Limited (CIL)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
- National Aluminum Company Ltd. (NALCO)
- Indian Oil Corporation (IOCL)
- Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
- Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO)
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC)
- Vizag Steel Plant
Who will help me?
- Indian Institute of Technology Bombay
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Delhi technological university, Delhi
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- SRM Institute of Science and Technology, Chennai
- College of Engineering, Pune
- Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering, Bangalore
- RV College of Engineering, Bangalore
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
Do you dream about constructing highways, bridges and tunnels, schools, hospitals, airports and the list can keep going on!
If you have played with Lego in your childhood and dreamt of bringing construction sites in real, then you surely can take up the role of being a civil engineer.
What is stopping you? The financial graph? Or the confusion within, if it is for me or not? Confusions dissolve when we talk! What are your confusions?
You can be any one of them!
- Construction Engineering
- Coastal and Ocean Engineering
- Geotechnical Engineering
- Fire protection engineering
- Structural Engineering
- General Engineering
- Bridge Engineering
- Irrigation Engineering
- Land development
- Materials Engineering
- Transportation engineering
- Urban Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Water Resources Engineering
- Environmental Engineering