Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology Patiala (TIET Patiala) was established in 1956 in Patiala, Punjab in an ample area of 250 acres in a green serene atmosphere to provide a scholarly and professional environment for faculties, students, and staff to make lasting advancements in the learning and research. The Institution was conceived by the brilliant and visionary ideas of Patiala and East Punjab State Union, the Central Government, and the Patiala Technical Education Trust founded by one of the Captains of Indian Industry, the late Lala Karan Thapar. It was inspired and embodied the deeds of Patiala Educational Trust.
In this analysis, we are going to check out all the details about the institute’s students’ stats, faculty, courses offered, graduation outcomes & placements, median salary & top recruiters, infrastructures, and fee structures. All the details are authentic since we got these from the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) where TIET Patiala gave its reports.
Students Intake at TIET Patiala
TIET Patiala Annual Expenditures
TIET Patiala Research Details
TIET Patiala Graduation & Placements
UG Graduation & Placements
PG Graduations & Placements
PhD Research Programmes
Median Salary & Top Recruiters
Median Salary of PG Graduation: Rs. 8 LPA in both 2021 and 2020, however, it was around Rs. 6 LPA in 2019
Students Diversity at TIET Patiala
Facilities on TIET Patiala Campus
Campus Festivals at TIET Patiala
- Orientation Program for first years – PROEM is started in July
- The Frosh Week cultural program is organized in August.
- Music and Drama events (MUDRA) is organized in October
- Start-up Expo fest is organized in November.
- Elixir – inter institute literature fest is organized in October.
- Saturnalia – inter-institute techno-cultural fest is organized in November.
- Nox Nite – the dance performance evening is organized in March.
- URJA – the inter-institute sports festival is organized in February.
- Izhaar – the inter-year cultural festival is organized in February.
- Annual Athletic Meet – is organized in March.
How to Get Admission at TIET Patiala
For UG courses at TIET Patiala: Students who passed or appeared for the +2 exam with at least 60% marks can take the Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) and should pass the minimum cut-off mark required at this institution in the JEE Main exam.
For PG courses: Students who passed a bachelor’s degree or appeared for the final exam can take the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) and should pass GATE to get admission to this institution.
Fee Structure at TIET Patiala
TIET Patiala Scores by NIRF
Perception: TIET Patiala has a good faculty, impressive infrastructures and a conducive atmosphere, and its graduation outcomes and placements at top companies are also good, so it scored 25.35% in NIRF grading, which accounts to 10% of overall NIRF scores.