Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute Mumbai (VJTI Mumbai) was established in 1887 with two departments, namely the Sir J. J. School of Mechanical Engineering and the Ripon Textile School to meet the technical manpower requirements of Bombay and around. Since then it was expanded with more engineering departments and cherished by contributions from Sir Dinshaw Manaeckji Petit, the Government, and the Bombay Mills Owners’ Association. In 1913, the institute was recognized as the Central Technological Institute of Bombay Province. Initially, it was housed in Byculla, however, in 1923, it was moved to its present campus at Matunga.
The Institute has been affiliated with the University of Bombay and was one of the fourteen institutes selected by the Central Government for further development with grant-in-aid from the Government of India. It was the only institution offering Engineering degrees and Postgraduate courses under the University of Bombay till 1960 and enjoyed de facto autonomy.
In 1997, the Institute was renamed from its old name Victoria Jubilee Technical Institute to its present name Veermata Jijabai Technological Institute.
In this analysis, we are going to check out all the details about the institute’s students’ stats, faculty, courses offered, graduation outcomes & placements, median salary & top recruiters, infrastructures, and fees structures. All the details are authentic since we got these from the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) where VJTI Mumbai gave its reports.
Students Intake at VJTI Mumbai
VJTI Mumbai Annual Expenditures
VJTI Mumbai Research Details
VJTI Mumbai Graduations & Placements
UG Graduations & Placements
PG Graduations & Placements
PhD Research Programmes
Median Salary & Top Recruiters
Median Salary of PG Graduates: Rs. 6 LPA in 2021, Rs. 6 LPA in 2020, and Rs. 6.7 LPA in 2019.
Students Diversity at VJTI Mumbai
Facilities on VJTI Mumbai Campus
Annual Festivals at VJTI Mumbai
PRATIBIMB is the annual cultural festival celebrated for four days in December where over 20000 students from various colleges participate. It has five major sectors which include:
1. Performing Arts is an inter-college event spanning 4 days of the festival conducting over 10 competitions which witness participation from the students all across the country.
2. Fine Arts events throughout the semester and Festival provide a platform for all the Artists.
3. Mega events include a concert on the first evening of PRATIBIMB performed by prominent artists such as Arjun Kanungo, Ankit Tiwari, Gajendra Verma.
4. Homemaking workshops like Master Chef, Fudge making, Bhoonkh, etc., and Art workshops like Sketching, Photography, Content writing, etc., are organized
5. Debate and Literary Arts events like MUN, debate competition, quiz competition, open mics and slam poetry events are also organized.
How to Get Admission at VJTI Mumbai
For PG courses: Same as above.
Fee Structure at VJTI Mumbai
VJTI Mumbai Scores by NIRF
Perception: VJTI Mumbai has a good faculty, good infrastructures, and a conducive atmosphere, and its graduation outcomes and placements at top companies are also good, however, it has not yet gotten much popularity like first-generation IITs and NITs, so it scored 9.28%, which accounts to 10% of overall NIRF scores.