Defence Institute of Advanced Technologies Pune (DIAT Pune) started as the Institute of Armament Studies in 1952 in the College of Military Engineering (CME) campus in Pune, Maharashtra, and it was renamed the Institute of Armament Technology (IAT) and moved to its present location at Girinagar, Pune in 1967. Though it started for relatively narrow scopes, the role of the institute was considerably enlarged by the Defence R&D Council during 1964 and 1981. As it got All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) accreditation, Pune University recognized 8 postgraduate courses in engineering offered at this institution in 1980. Besides this, it was declared as a deemed university by the Ministry of Human Resources and Development Government of India in 2000. Finally, it was renamed from IAT to DIAT in 2006.
In this analysis, we are going to check out all the details on the institute’s students’ stats, faculty, courses offered, graduation outcomes & placements, median salary & top recruiters, infrastructures, and fees structures. All the details are authentic since we got these from the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) where DIAT Pune gave its reports.
Students Intake at DIAT Pune
DIAT Pune has 83 distinguished professors at its faculty, of whom 66.26% are Ph.D. holders, the faculty-to-student ratio is 1:5, that is, one professor is available for every five students.
DIAT Pune Annual Expenditures
DIAT Pune Research Details
DIAT Pune Graduations & Placements
PG Graduations & Placements
PhD Research Programmes
Median Salary & Top Recruiters
Students Diversity at DIAT Pune
Facilities on DIAT Pune Campus
Annual Festivals at DIAT Pune
SHANIWARWADA is the classical Indian dance festival celebrated in February where show-stopping events such as Bharatanatiyam and Gotipura are performed to promote classical dance and build the music culture of the city.
SUTRADHAR is a dance-based drama show being organized where many notable artists are being participated. However, the most appreciable part is, this dance show is being played in such a way that even hearing impaired communities can also understand and enjoy this dance show well.
How to Get Admission at DIAT Pune
1) Admission for MoD-Sponsored Candidates Admissions are given to the M. Tech programs in the July semester of each year for the Ministry of Defence (MoD) sponsored candidates through Research and Training and Postgraduate Training (PGT) Schemes for DRDO and Tri-Service officers including Coast Guard. This admission is operated jointly by DIAT Pune and Recruitment and Assessment Center (RAC)/DRDO through the Department of Human Resources Development (DHRD)/DRDO.
2) Admission for Sponsored Candidates Other Than MoD A candidate who is sponsored by his/her employer and who meets the additional conditions specified below may be admitted through a separate selection committee specifically for this purpose.
- A sponsored candidate must be in service of the sponsoring organization. The sponsoring organization must specifically undertake to provide a whole salary to the candidate and to relieve him/her to pursue the program for its full duration.
- The sponsored candidates seeking admission to the M. Tech programs are selected based on their performance in qualifying exams/interviews or both.
- The application of the foreign nationals who are sponsored by the armed forces will be scrutinized by the department concerned to assess their suitability for admission to the program. The department’s recommendations will be sent to the Chancellor through the Chairperson, PGC.
- The applications of the non-sponsored foreign national candidates are also considered for admission to the M. Tech admissions.
GATE is a must for getting admission, however, sponsored candidates are exempted. For SC/ST candidates 4.2 on a 10-point scale is enough, and seats are reserved for SC/ST/OBC/PWD and other candidates falling under various reservation categories as per the Government of India Rules.
Age Limit: Candidate age should not be more than 26 years, however, the relaxation is given as per the Government of India (relaxation is given to SC/ST/OBC/PH candidates as per the GOI norms).
Fee Structure at DIAT Pune
DIAT Pune Scores by NIRF
Perception: DIAT Pune has a good faculty, good infrastructures, and conducive atmosphere, and its graduation outcomes and placements at top companies are also good, however, it does not offer UG courses and does not offer many programs, therefore it scored 2.87%, which accounts to 10% of overall NIRF scores.